HypnoBirth® is a method of childbirth education where mama and her birth team learn the tools for an easier, more comfortable birth. Through deep relaxation and self-hypnosis, mamas are able to gently move through labor.
As a birth doula, some of the most connected and comfortable births I have attended were HypnoBirths.
It is best to take HypnoBirthing classes during the second or early third trimester to allow time for practicing the mindfulness techniques. However classes can be taken any time before birth.
Read more about HypnoBirthing on the HypnoBirthing website.
Interested in signing up for a class or learning more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Will Learn
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
- Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
- Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labor Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An Overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
- Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
- Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
- Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
- As labor moves along – passing time through labor
- Hallmarks of labor
- If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labor advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love - Bringing Life
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby moves to the breast
- Family bonding with your baby